Sunday, February 9, 2014

My Secrets of Adulthood

Inspired by Gretchen Rubin's list in the Happiness Project, I am creating my own goofer list: my Secrets of Adulthood. This list is a starting point, and I will add more secrets as they are revealed to me by myself.

It's okay to say No
You cannot be good at everything, and it is a waste of time trying
You can cook what you want, not what your guests want you to
What you do every day matters more than what you do once in while (from Rubin's list)
A movie or a book is not bad just because someone else says so
It is often more important to get something done, than to get it perfect 
You don't have to play pool to be cool
You can enjoy a football game without knowing the names of the players and all the statistics of the year
Coffee, or tea, is sometimes better than tequila 
Ibuprofen can be good for you
The company is often more important than the food
Being assertive and expressing an opinion does not make you mean
Having many best friends is better than having one
Helping others is more meaningful than a cocktail party
You don't always have to listen to criticism
Being scared of your accountability partners is pretty awesome
You can love someone more than you did 20 years ago

3 comments:

  1. What a great list! I can relate to much of this list too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came back for another read. And now I remember that I am going to make my own list. (Really? You're scared of your accountability partners?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. I would love to create a similar list for my daughters sometime....if they'll take any advice from me in 20 years!

    ReplyDelete