Friday, June 30, 2017

Simple salt and pepper chicken

I thought I was well prepared, as I had wine, sangria, several non-alcoholic beverages, fruits, veggies, cheese, crackers, and other snacks, but when Susan asked if there was any meat, I had to think quickly of a tasty but fast option with available ingredients. Getting used to a Chopped Kitchen strategy.

Ingredients:
Chicken wings, about 20 pieces
Salt and pepper, to taste
¼ cup red wine vinegar
2 tbsp oil

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Heat an oven-proof skillet on stove top. Add the oil to an oven-proof skillet, and place the chicken wings in the skillet once the oil is hot. Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat on one side, then turn and cook for 3 minutes on the other side. Season with salt and pepper, and add the red wine vinegar to the skillet. Leave on stove for another minute, and then transfer to the oven (preheated to 400 degrees). Bake for 20 minutes. Remove right away and transfer to serving dish.

Serve with your favorite BBQ sauce, Sriracha, or green chutney. Since the chicken is lightly flavored, it will go with any of your favorite sauces. My guests skipped the sauces, and enjoyed it as is.

Side note: I also made a raspberry strudel, my first real pastry baking adventure. It was very stressful and I don’t remember much of the process, but it was edible J

No comments:

Post a Comment