Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Identity, where do we come from, and where is home?


I stumbled upon Pico Iyer's Ted talk called "where is home" in my attempt to find something that could entertain me for at least 20 minutes while I struggled on the elliptical trainer. It is possible that I clicked on something other than "funny", but this had my full attention within a couple of minutes. And by a strange coincidence, the following week, I listened to a NPR podcast on 4 Ted talks which featured 4 people, including Iyer, on their journey and identity. These talks inspired me to think deeper about how I identify myself, particulary Iyer's statement that what you consider your home is not just the place where you sleep at night, but where you stand in life.

Pico Iyer's Ted talk - http://www.ted.com/talks/pico_iyer_where_is_home.html

No comments:

Post a Comment